Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Old Fashioned Phone

This is one of our new stamps, it’s called ‘Old Fashioned Phone’ ref: 1405014a. I used it with the ‘Krystal Tips Upper and Lower Alphabet’ ref: 2400012a, I really like using these alphabet letters, they let you stamp any message you like, so I thought I’d give our old fashioned phone a modern answer phone message. I first stamped the message to see what size card I’d end up with, this card is a 6 x 6, I then trimmed it down very slightly and used an EK Success border punch at the top of the white card and used a corner rounder on the bottom of the card. The pattern background is from the Papermania Capsule Collection – Sunshine Paper Pack, I cut to size and again used the border punch, this time at the top and the bottom of the paper. The flourishes are from the Spellbinders – Floral Flourishes set, once cut out I gave them a little dusting of Distress Ink – Old Paper. The circle has been cut out using Spellbinders – Picot Edge Circles and before removing the white card from the die I used a little of the ‘Old Paper’ ink around the edge. I stamped both the letters and the phone with VersaFine – Onyx Black and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder. The phone has been coloured in using ProMarkers – Spice, Terracotta, Raw Sienna, Warm Grey 1, 2 & 3 and used the Cool Grey 1 to highlight all around the edge of the phone. To finish off I used some crystal gems to pick up all the colours in the pattern background.
To visit the Dimension Stamps website click here

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card. love the sentiment.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill card, i like this new stamp, love the colurs and papers you have used. Janette x

    ReplyDelete